Apparently our appartment is located in the heart of Volograd City. This picture below is the 'walk of heros' which is just outside the front of our building. That is Volga River at the end and there is a famous fountain. The other picture is the view in the opposite direction. This walk spans quite far and is considered to be the most popular place in the city. It was as usual a bit chilly yesterday so we didn't walk the full distance.
We had a wonderful visit with Little D again yesterday. I'm starting to think that these visits make me just as sleepy as him. :) Weekend visits are allowed but often there are many other families there too. We didn't get to use the special play room yesterday but we were able to use a treatment room. Nothing super fun, and we were not allowed to play with any of the medical supplies or instruments. :) of course. We arrived a little early waiting for our translator so we sat outside in the garden area for a bit in the sunshine.
As usual, when little D sees us, instant smiles. We know it has only been 4 days of visits, but even the workers and the translator are noticing his growth towards us. He had some fun giggle time with Chris, then, maybe he was getting a bit bored with the surroundings, he wanted to only be held. I would hold him and walk around, kind of rocking him, and he was so content. Then, if I tried to pass him back to Chris or set him down, he would start to whine and keep his arms fixed on my. So cute. Just what I needed. Then, I started to hum and rocking side to side...he put his cheek/head against my face and rested there for like 10 minutes. This was the first time he ever did this. Very special time with me indeed. After this he leaned back and was staring into my soul. He was touching my nose, cheeks, mouth, and my eyes with his pointy finger. Then I would get these huge big smiles (showing all his chompers). It was a special day with lots of snuggles.
We brought him back to the ladies in the baby room and I passed him to a care taker. He started to whine again. Turned and looked at me with his arms out. So, of course, I walked in a little and held him once more. He was sleepy and was definitely ready for his nappy time.
It is getting harder and harder to leave every day.....
No comments:
Post a Comment