to the Federation of Russia! For all the stamps and signatures on the right side, we had to see that many medical specialists (see previous post). Today was a bit stressfull waiting for results, long story, but it turned out all good. Our fantastic translator really did so much for us and lots of extra running around. We are very lucky to have had her. Ironic, her boyfriend lives in Ottawa!
After we completed the medicals, Elena had to take the final copies and all the attachments to the head of the medical clinic to put the official and final stamp of approval on it. She told us to go tour the city and she would take care of this for us. We are very lucky.
After dinner we stopped into a shop on Arbat (LUSH) the speciality hand made soap store. We wanted to get Elena a nice gift to show her how much we appreciated her help. She worked so hard for us! Giving money as a tip is not really regarded as a sign of appreciation in Russia. For a translator anyways. So we bought her some fancy bath stuff and lip balm. Funny actually as one of the lip balms flavor is called "Lip Service"! So true, she was our translator for 2 days of intense stuff here and it was fitting. Her english is likely better than ours so we know she will get this.
We are winding down tonight after a very stressful morning. I'm all packed and looking forward to the journey home. Something very cool about tomorrow - we will be in 3 capital cities in the same day. We fly Moscow to Washington, then to Ottawa! How cool is that?
I can't wait to get home, get settled in with Cooper, see my family, friends and wonderful co-workers who have been nothing but support for me over the last while. I am very lucky. For this I appreicate everything everyone has done at work over the last 2 weeks in my absence. I miss you guys and will see you on Monday!
Ok - I know this blog is supposed to be both mine and my husbands (seriously - he types like a turtle)...LOL - but seriously - a sappy shout out to my husband, best friend, and the most grounded person I know - today was a reality check that we don't take anything in life for granted! We are so blessed to have each other and little D! Thank you for everything on this trip and I can't wait for the rest to come!
xxoo
No comments:
Post a Comment