See you soon our baby boy...
Just before we headed off to see Little D, I prepared a little note for our translator to read to the ladies who take care of him. I wanted to get the tears out (as many as I could) before we got there. Tears of joy really. I didn't tell our translator about this note until after we got him in the play room. It was a great idea actually. The ladies wanted to talk to us this morning when we got there. They wanted to say "Hurry Back" and that we are wonderful. The 3 ladies working there today are the ones that our translator has known the longest. We have seen them on most of our visits too and they see the change in Dmitry. We were able to chat with them for a bit. Then we went off to the play room. We had about 3 hours with him today and as usual it was wonderful. He starts to get cranky just before 3 each day and needs a snack. We returned a bit earlier to the room with him so we could say our good byes and get him a snack. Of course, Chris and the translator were walking just ahead of me and little D, and there came the tears. Little D saw that I had a smile on my face and then touched me with his slobbery paw. LOL. He was so sweet today. Little D got a cookie (kind of like an arrowroot, but big and square). I asked if he will be able to eat it all. They looked at me funny and said, it all, why he can eat 3 of them. LOL. He can even hold a cup on his own and drink. Anya read our note: we just really wanted them to know that we
appreciate everything they do and they will always be part of his family.
One of the caregivers came to me right away and gave me a big hug. This is very special as Russians don't often show emotion. So it means alot.
Anya drove us back to the appartment and we met with our coordinater. Squared away business and got a briefing on what will transpire in Moscow over the next few days.
I'm not sad, I'm happy that we are just one day closer to bringing Little D home.
The following quote my boss (one of the the best ever ;) gave me a while back rang so true today:
Adoption is when the baby grows in your heart rather than your tummy~
Little D has done just that. Each day Chris and I grow more in love with him and see how special he is. We are very very lucky. Нам очень повезло. The ladies said, Dmitry is the lucky one. We all are! We all are!
We are just winding down at the appartment waiting for the driver to take us to the airport. We will be in Moscow late, and then have an early morning. We will be in touch soon. xxoo

No comments:
Post a Comment