Our translator met us here at 10:30 am. We went to the Ministry of Education to obtain the official referral letter (this letter guarantees that Dmitry would not be offered to anyone else for 10 days) we have 10 days to make up our minds (but this won't take us so long). He had us at Privit (Hello). Then we took the city bus with our translator to the orphanage. 1$ or 30 rub for 3 people. wow. Then we walked down some odd street and in the back gate to Baby House #4 (Orphanage). Many rooms, halls, people working. Big place. We were told that Little D was getting up for the day, eating and then they were getting him ready for us. We sat with the doctor for 30 minutes and reviewed his entire medical file. The translator said that I looked really intense/serious. I took lots of notes, and it is hard to concentrate on the different discussions between the Translator (Tania) and the Doctor, then b/w us, etc. Tania asked me if I wanted to take notes. Do I love chocolate? I love notes and made 4 pages of them.
Around 12:30 we were brought up to the top floor (baby area) and when we walked in I could see that it was the same room that was in the background of one of the referral pictures we received. Beautiful play area room, lots of toys, warm light. I immediately saw these 2 little ones and was like they are not little D. Then they picked up this little other little guy, lifted him over some stuff, and held his hands and walked him over towards us. Tania said, there he is Jackie. He was even sweeter in person. I knelt down and touched his little arm and he showed me a huge smile. I think I must have been in shock cause I only shed a few tears (rather than a full fledged breakdown. LOL. He is so sweet. All the children there wear tights in the winter to keep warm and cozy. He had ''pink' ones on. So sweet. He has such a bright smile, we could see his dimples on both cheeks. I didn't see the dimples before. He is just perfect. He is doing some baby babble, but not major. We then got to spend 3 hours with him in a private family room. Our cheeks hurt from smiling. He would crawl over to me, pull himself up and stared at me. I even got a few little hugs from him. He is so attentive and has now discovered my iPhone, there is no turning back. He wouldn't give it back to me. Or the camera. We took a bunch of pictures but can't upload them to this computer. He is so bright, happy, curious, and healthy. We are truly blessed.
The baby house is just comfy, clean, and the children are very very well taken care of. They all love little Dima (Dmitry). He loves attention and doesn't like to be left on his own too much. I think the workers were very happy for us to have taken him for the afternoon so they could tend to other things. We will go back tomorrow again and do the same, and the next day, and the next day.....
Chris and I walked back to the appartment this afternoon. Its only about a 15 - 20 minute walk max from there to here. We will walk tomorrow for fresh air and exercise.
Happy 1st day of Spring to everyone. What a truly wonderful day. Indeed it is.
Jackie - that is sooooooo wonderful. I'm just delighted for the two of you. Can't wait to meet the little guy myself!
ReplyDeleteJody