I will never ever forget the unique smell as we enter the orphanage each day and wander up the stairs and halls to see little D. They cook around the time we get there and those of you who know me very well, know that I could have been a sniffer dog. This smell is not gross or anything nasty, but it is so unique. Its sort of like boiled potatoes, but with cabbage/cauliflower, and maybe some corn, squash or even chick peas. Anyways, it smells warm and kind of milky too. Our translator isn't really sure what it is either. But it is a rather moist vapour. Humm, I will never forget it. Then we usually walk past one of the kitchen areas and I only ever see bananas laid out. So this puts my previous perspective to the ground.
It is still damp, rainy, and cool here. We actually stopped at "Subway" for dinner on our way back from our visit. We just pointed to things and said "da" (yes) for everything. For 2 medium subs, 1 drink, and 1 soup (which I hope was chicken noodle) was around 11$/324 ruble. Typical franchise and was surprised to see one here in Volograd actually.
Last night we watched some movies on the laptop which we brought. We saw "The Shooter"with Mark Wahlberg (great movie) and Indiana Jones (Temple of Doom) and then I watched 3 episodes of True Blood. So glad we brought that stuff cause there is absoutely nothing else to view on the tele.
Ok my friends, have a wonderful Monday and talk soon. Jackie & Chris (and Little D)...
No comments:
Post a Comment