I think I still have tears in my eyes. We had a safe trip into Volgograd this morning. Our translator met us at the airport and we came straight to the appartment to meet our lawyer. They asked us if we wanted to rest for the day or go see little d.... that was an easy answer. I was so excited to see him I was shaking. LOL. So we got to the baby house and went up to the usual room. They didn't have full staff today as it is a national holiday (Russia Independence Day) so the lady there didn't know who Dmitry was. They then told us he was moved to another room about 6 weeks ago. Off we went. We arrived to find out it was the middle of his nap time but they would make an exception for us of course. They went and got him so fast and were back with him, my anxiousness was long lost. There he was sitting up on the change table and she said he didn't sleep cause he was waiting for us. (and they say he always sleeps at nap time). Of course, tears and all I went up to him and I got a big smile and a bit of a giggle. They told the translator he was walking and she told us... i almost lost it. How cute. The ladies in this room do little classes with the children each day - Dmitry was moved there when he started walking and understanding more - he is more advanced. She stood him down and gave me a cookie - he of course walked over to me in an instant. He has such a cute little strut might I say. We took him to the music room and had a blast. He is such a cutie. His hair is longer and they say they won't cut it. He is the only little boy who has such hair there. We spent the afternoon with him and as he skipped his nap, he was getting tired and cranky near the end. It is really hot here in the city. Digital sign outside said 52' and i believe it. The room at the baby house wasnt too bad but little D had some toasty pits for sure (and his daddy). LOL. One of the main workers gave our translator lots of details on how he is doing. She was very proud of how good he is doing. He adjusted so well to the new room and new kids. This is amazing they say as most children do not adjust well at all. He understands everything too she says, he's just not speaking. A bit of baby babble now and then, but that is cause he is waiting to learn english. *wink. He was playing with these big stuffed cubes and even stacked them on his own. He giggled lots and wanted cuddles. I asked if he likes to eat, mid translation the lady looks at me and laughes, does he?? He loves to eat. They say that he is bigger than most kids his age.
So, we are just thrilled beyond the moon. Seriously, he is so precious and obviously we can't wait to get the little nugget home. We will have an early day tomorrow and will spend the morning with little D and then do our court prep all afternoon and evening. Court is at 10 the next day. big breath. Our lawyer says that the judge we have is the nicest and most sincere and supportive of international adoptions. this is comforting.
So, I have to make this a bit short as we forgot the power adaptor at the hotel in moscow and can't find one here anywhere. once this battery runs out, all i have is the iphone which charges through the computer at the appartment....and maybe the computer if i get it working. ?? lol I will do blog updates but it might be hard to send any more pics.
I will email some pics now with a link to a video.... heart melting.....so is this temp.
Talk soon xxoo Chris and Jackie
Excellent!! I can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDelete