Now that court is over, we can officially post pictures here. This is my fav from our visit so far.
By the way, the day we arrived her in Volgograd it was Russia Day! It as a neat day. We didn't want to keep our translator too late that day as she lives one hour outside the city and has a family. She thought us being able to visit our son was more important. We didn't stay too late that day as little d was so tired anyways from our play (as above) he was running around so much. Here is a picture of the big "walk of heros" right by our appartment. This was the day it was 52'.
So, today we went to the baby house early and played outside. There was a breeze and was only 39'. We saw most of the other children out playing with the workers. It was so cute. They were all about the same size as Dima but they only had diapers, socks & sandles, and a hat or head wrap. I didn't want to take any pictures of them but just imagine. 20 little d's running around. My heart melted. the grounds of the orphanage look great.
When it started to get too hot, we went into the a/c play room. It was great. Chris played with little d while I cleaned myself up after having juice and water spilled on me. I'm really starting to feel like a mother. It is amazing that little d can hold a cup and drink on his own. Once he realized we had apple juice, he kept giving me his cup. He wouldn't spill a drop of apple J, but let me tell you the water - different story. lol. I let Chris and Dima play and I sat for a learning session with Annya. I have a list of about 20 words that Dima knows in Russian and I think I'm good. Essential words that will help us for sure when we finally have little d home.Here is a pic from the other day where Dima learned "from Chris - he told me to note" where he was rolling over the edge and landing inside the thing. Here is him a little pooped out.
Well - now that we have an adaptor - we can't wait to watch a movie and relax in our a/c appartment. It is so hot today and we little d only gets up from his nap at 3:30. We will go see him again in the morning.
Hope everyone is good - and p.s. there is a problem with comments being posted on this blog (not sure exactly) but just drop me an email if you like rather than post. ;)
xxoo everyone and happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment