A special post for our precious little Dmitry on his 2nd Birthday
I know I didn't get to hold you the day you were born, but I did today. That is what is important. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives. We love you so much. Today was a very special day. Every day with you is truly a special day. I love waking up to the sound of your voice over the baby monitor saying "Momma, Mom...Momma...Mommmmmmaaaa". You are still little so you sleep in your crib and need momma to get you up and out. You love talking although you don't say a whole lot of different words. But you will. You understand everything we say and we are so proud of you.
You are only 2 but you show so much determination. Daddy says you are just like Momma. And just like that ant and the rubber plant. Daddy said that to me a few times over the last month. I didn't know what he was talking about. He showed me the video and I couldn't get that song out of my head for days. He's got high hopes.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOOTF8vu6ps
What else happened today... well, Mommy and Daddy put the house up for sale. Yes, there is a sign at the front. We love our house and all but we are ready for something a bit bigger and in a quiet country community with trees. Also, Momma is getting ready to go back to work. Yes, I'm going back to work on Monday. Still 10 weeks left of the parental leave but I loved being home with you so much that it is only fair to let Daddy be able to share the same wonderful experience with you. I will cry likely on the way to work for the first few days, but I will be ok. You will love being home with Daddy. Mommy and Daddy are very fortunate to be able to take 37 weeks of parental leave with basically full top up on salary. Very lucky.
Mommas will post pictures shortly of our wonderful pre-Christmas trip to Punta Cana as soon as Auntie Michelle sends us our camera. Pictures too of your special birthday will go up too when our friends and family send us some. We were so busy making sure all your birthday guests were taken care of, we didn't take any pics. You love your books, legos, stickers, the airplanes and the helicopters. Seriously - I've never in my life seen or met anyone who loves airplanes and helicopters as much as you. I'm silly for getting you a Dora and Diego cake. Next year it is fighter jets and aircraft carriers. Promise bugs.
We love you so much Dmitry and are so thankful to have you in our lives. God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment